Bank of Maldives (BML) has announced the winners of BML Hackathon at the closing ceremony held tonight at Hotel Jen.
The winning ideas are:
- Digital onboarding submitted by Ahmed Mahfooz, Hussain Zayaan, Moosa Irushaan
- Expense Tracker submitted by Mohamed Athik Ali Riza, Fathimath Areen Naseem, Mohamed Yaniu Rameez
- Personal Finance Manager submitted by Mohamed Jailam, Ibrahim Hussain Shareef, Mohamed Eeman
The Hackathon was held under the theme of developing ‘Banking Solutions to Enhance Customer Experience’. Over 30 participants took part in the 48-hour hackathon to develop innovative fintech ideas and solutions to enhance customer experience and operational excellence.
BML’s In-charge and Acting MD, Aishath Noordeen commented, “We are delighted to see the fintech community come together for this Hackathon and the interest from developers have delivered creative solutions that will help us provide a better banking experience. We are excited to welcome the winners to our Innovation Lab and support the teams to realize their idea. Thank you to the participants and my appreciation to the mentors who helped us bring this idea to life”.
Three winning teams will go into the Bank’s Innovation Lab to develop their winning ideas over a period of 6 months. At the Innovation Lab, the Bank will provide:
• A furnished private working space to use as an office
• Monthly allowance of MVR 20,000 for each team
• Long-term maintenance contract of the developed solution