Bank of Maldives (BML) has revealed the five winning ideas for the fourth round of its Community Fund for 2021.
BML stated in a statement that during the last phase in 2021, it will support projects on five different islands through its Community Fund.
The following proposals will be supported by BML’s Community Fund:
- Barbecue spot at Henbadhoo, Noonu Atoll (Proposed by: Hamid Rasheed)
- Outdoor library in Maafushi, Kaafu Atoll (Proposed by: New Start Sports Club)
- Outdoor library in Feeali, Faafu Atoll (Proposed by: Fathuhulla Shathir)
- Beach development at Buruni, Thaa Atoll (Proposed by: Buruni Youth Sports Club)
- Senior citizens’ recreational park in Thinadhoo, Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll (Proposed by: Ameeza Afeef)
According to BML’s PR Manager Mohamed Saeed, one of the major goals of the bank’s Community Fund is to continue supporting initiatives that help local communities.
BML’s Community Fund is a countrywide initiative that empowers individuals to contribute to society via sustainable community projects, with MVR 1 million donated annually through the fund.
Furthermore, the bank has funded 60 initiatives in local communities since the inception of the Community Fund in 2019.