Health Protection Agency (HPA) has announced the decision to extend the special measures implemented in Maldives to control the spread of COVID-19 by another week.
The measures extended by another seven days:
- 11:00pm – 04:30am curfew
- Ban on public gatherings of more than five
- Closure of cinemas, movie theaters
- Closure of athletics tracks
- Closure of parks
- Suspension of physical classes in colleges, universities
- Ban on group exercise/sports activities
Some of the measures are set to remain in effect until decided otherwise by HPA. This includes, closure of schools for preschool and nursery students, and requiring those who travel from Male’ to other islands with special permits to present proof of a COVID-19 PCR test taken maximum 72 hours prior to departure.
Maldives has seen a third wave of cases with 100+ cases recorded within the last two days alone.