The Ministry of Education in collaboration with UNICEF Maldives and Women in Tech has launched a campaign called ‘Cyber Safety’ to raise awareness regarding the safe use of the internet for students, parents and teachers.
The campaign aims to educate and raise awareness on safe use of the internet for students studying online, parents, and teachers through digital mediums such as animated videos, posters, and a chatbox.
The campaign will explain what personal and private information is and how it can be shared safely without compromise. Moreover, what students should always remember while browsing the internet.
The campaign aims to provide the following key information on the safe use of the internet;
- What is personal and private information and what to be aware of when sharing this information.
- What teachers should be aware of while teaching online.
- What parents should be vigilant about when students are studying online.
- Secure use of mobile and computer devices and online accounts.
- Monitoring the secure use of mobile and computer devices and online accounts for parents in Dhivehi.
- Use secure and strong passwords for online accounts.
- Use secure and strong passwords for online accounts for parents in Dhivehi.
Furthermore, the campaign will also shed a light on important topics such as online grooming.
The campaign will be launched along with a chatbox and a website called Cyber Smart, which will provide important information regarding the safe use of the internet.