Government expenditure rises to MVR 4,928.0 million as of 18 March 2021.
Moreover, government revenue, inclusive of grants, reached MVR 3.7 billion for the current review period.
MVR 4.9 billion expenditure comprises 74% on recurrent expenses and remaining 26% on capital expenses.
85% of the total revenue was made through tax-sources with only 15% from non-tax sources.
The overall balance for the period is at a deficit of MVR 1.2 billion.
Furthermore, Government expenses towards health and COVID-19 efforts reached MVR 3.2 billion. Total health and social spending as of 18 March 2021 marked a 0.4% increment from the week before. Meanwhile, total economic response expenses were at MVR1.7 billion.