The Health Protection Agency (HPA) has announced more restrictions to curb the spread of COVID-19 in the Maldives.
The restrictions will be in place from May 5th to May 15th.
The new restrictions announced tonight includes:
– Curfew from 00:00 to 04:00 in the Greater Male’ area. No vehicles will be allowed during the curfew times.
– Ban on non-essential travel between islands with a mandatory 10 day quarantine period for individuals traveling from Male’ to other islands.
– Mandatory 14 days quarantine period for all arrivals from India and submission of a negative PCR test result.
– Suspension of ease given for individuals who have completed two doses of vaccine.
– Public offices and schools are set to be closed along with parks and other public spaces for gatherings.
– A ban has been imposed on all sports-related activities and places. This includes suspension of sports tournaments and other related activities.
Earlier today, President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih warned that stricter measures need to be taken in order to curb the current spread of COVID-19 in the Maldives.
Maldives recorded 585 new cases today and currently has more than 6,000 active cases.