Minister of Islamic Affairs Dr. Ahmed Zahir has said that the King Salman Mosque will be open to the public next Friday.
The King Salman Mosque is a donation by King of Saudi Arabia Salman bin Abdul-Aziz Al-Saud. The mosque is designed to accommodate 4,000 worshippers at once and showcases Islamic culture and heritage.
Minister Zahir said a specific date has still not been scheduled for the official opening of the mosque. The minister said funds have been allocated in the state budget to cover immediate renovations at the mosque and to purchase furniture and equipment. He said the Government of Saudi Arabia has assured USD 2 million will be donated to cover the cost of further works in the mosque.
The government had initially planned to open the mosque ahead of Ramadan last year.
Leave a Reply