Maldives Inland Revenue Authority (MIRA) has published names of tourist resorts that are on the land rent defaulters’ list.
MIRA started publicizing the resort names at the Taxpayer Service Centre building on a televised screen outside the building. The list is in public view outside the building. Before this, MIRA publicized the defaulters’ names on the company website, the gazette, and in the media.
The list published today includes 16 parties comprising 12 tourist resorts and 4 islands leased for agricultural development.
Tourist resorts on land rent defaulters’ list:
- AAA & Trading Company – Filitheyo Island Resort
- Athama Marine International – Kiha Maldives
- ABN – Brennia Kottafaru
- Heavy Load Maldives – Rahaa Maldives
- Bon Free Pvt Ltd – JW Marriot Maldives Resort and Spa
- Medhufushi Investment – Medhufushi Island Resort
- Platinum Capital Holdings – Eriyadhoo Island Resort
- South Palm Maldives – South Palm Resort Maldives
- Sunland Hotels – Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu, Biyaadhoo Island Resort
- Sunland Travel – Makunudhoo Island Resort
- Thelu Veliga Retreat – Drift Thelu Veliga Retreat
- Hondaafushi Island Resort
Islands leased for agricultural development on tax defaulter list:
- Masmeeru Aqua Culture Company – Sh. Eriyadhoo
- Ocean Quartier Properties – Lh. Gaaerifaru
- Seenu Maldives – Sh. Medhu Kunburudhoo
- Mohamed Waheed – Sh. Madidhoo
MIRA publicized the defaulters’ list as per the policy gazetted by the Authority last month.
MIRA’s 2020 Audit Report shows that the government is owed around MVR 17 billion in resort land rent and fines. This amounts to 78% of funds receivable to the state.
Leave a Reply