Parliament has today voted unanimously to approve the nominees presented by President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih for the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC).
President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih nominated five candidates to be appointed as members of the ACC;
- Adam Shamil, Raiviyaage, Th. Vilufushi
- Abdul Salam, Hawa, Sh. Narudhoo
- Thoha Mohamed, Kalhihaaruge, ADh. Maamigili
- Shazna Hashim, Rihivilu, HDh. Nolhivaramfaru
- Shiyama Mohamed, Nares, R. Hulhudhuffaaru
The Independent Institutions Committee interviewed the nominees last week and presented the report to the parliament today.
ACC members resigned on 2 December 2021 and 27 December 2021 after Parliament sought to remove them for under-par performance.
Leave a Reply