As part of the new Police Service Act, a police appeal committee of five members has been established.
Home Minister Imran Abdulla yesterday, appointed following five members to the Committee.
- (Rtd) Deputy Commissioner of the Police Mohamed Sodhiq, Dhafthar no: 6613/Male’ City.
- Azmeen Rasheed from Banbeyleevilla, GDh. Rathafandhoo
- Fathimath Leena from M. Saljamge
- Minna Nafiz from M. Lilys
- Ahmed Shahid from Bless, Ha. Hoarafushi
Recently reacted Police Service Act states that a committee of five should be formed by members of the public, appointed by the Home Minister. The committee is granted the power to review appeals and decisions made by the Disciplinary Board of the Police under the advice of the Police Board.