The deadline for applying for the vacant position of Auditor General has been extended to June 16 by the President’s Office.
Interested applicants should send their applications, along with any supporting documentation, to the President’s Office between 10:00 and 12:30 on Tuesday, June 15, and Wednesday, June 16. The application forms will be available at the President’s Office reception desk as well as on the President’s Office website.
Individuals applying for the position of Auditor General must meet the following requirements:
- Should be a Muslim.
- Should be a Maldivian.
- Should not hold citizenship of another country.
- Should be above the age of 35 but under the age of 65.
- Should be mentally stable.
- Should not be a member of any political party or a member of any political party’s associates.
- Should not hold any post in addition to that of Auditor General.
- Should not have a corruption offense, bribery, or any other criminal offense against Islamic laws proven against them.
Former Auditor General Hassan Ziyath resigned on May 12 after the Asset Recovery Commission named him as a beneficiary of the MMPRC corruption.