The Ministry of Tourism has extended the deadline for submitting bids for the development of 16 islands into resorts.
The tourism ministry announced an extension of the bid closing date to June 24 due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The ministry also stated that the deadline for obtaining additional information and purchasing bidding materials has been extended until June 20.
The bidding for the 16 islands is open for both local and foreign companies with a deadline set for June 24.
Interested parties can obtain additional information and purchase the bidding documents at the Ministry of Tourism or online from June 14 to June 20, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
The following islands are up for auction:
- HA. Velifinolhu
- HA. Alidhuffarufinolhu
- HDh. Kudafarufasgan’du
- M. Seedhee Huraa with M. Seedhee Huraa Veligan’du
- M. Maausfushi
- Th. Kaaddoo
- Th. Kanimeedhoo North (10 hectares from the North)
- Th. Olhufushi with Olhufushi sandbank
- L. Bodumun’yafushi
- L. Dhonberaha with Holhurahaa
- L. Kashidhoo
- GA. Maarehaa
- GA. Funadhooviligillaa
- GDh. Kan’dahalagalaa
- GDh. Kadevaarehaa with Dhigurehaa
- GDh. Fereythagillaa (with neighboring islands, Dhekaanbaa, Koderataa, and Fereythagillaa)
The tourism ministry has also lowered the minimum lease acquisition costs for the 16 islands to draw investors and instill trust due to the current economic environment caused by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.