Ministry of Tourism has opened bids to develop resorts in 16 different islands, locals and foreigners are eligible to submit bids.
The islands open for bid are from Haa Alifu, Haa Dhaalu, Meemu, Thaa, Laamu, Gaafu Alifu, and Gaafu Dhaalu.
Registration is open for the virtual information session until April 28th, and the session will be held one day later, on April 29th, via Zoom.
All necessary documents for bids will be available from the website and the reception of the Tourism Ministry from April 14th to June 6th.
List of the islands up for bid:
- HA. Velifinolhu
- HA. Alidhuhfaru Finolhu
- HDh. Kudafaru Fasgandu
- M. Seedhee Huraa (including Seedhee Huraa Veligandu)
- M. Maaufushi
- Th. Kaaddoo
- Th. Kanimeedhoo (10 hectares from the north)
- Th. Olhufushi (including the sandbank)
- L. Kashidhoo
- L. Bodumunyafushi
- L. Dhonberaha (including Holhurahaa)
- GA. Maarehaa
- GA. Funadhooviligillaa
- GDh. Kandahalagalaa
- GDh. Kadevaarehaa (including Dhigurehaa)
- GDh. Fereythagillaa (including Dhekaanbaa, Koderata, and the 2.9-hectare island neighboring Fereythagillaa)